Bransfield is the main building at Rothera, and has been hacked about and extended considerably over the years. This will be its last winter in its present form – next year it will be partially replaced by a new building on North Beach (provisionally called New Bransfield House at present).
- the dining room and kitchen
- the bar
- the library
- physical science laboratories
- management offices
- the doctor’s surgery
- the gym
- the food stores for dry groceries
- TV rooms and the video library
- the Operations Tower
- the reverse-osmosis (RO) plant for making fresh water
Until 2000, when Admirals opened, Bransfield was also used as accomodation for winterers.
Attached to Bransfield by a link corridor is the Garage, where the vehicles are maintained, and the Old Generator Shed, now used as a store for physical science equipment